the nub
Papa Chino

Trading: (2)
LGC
the nub is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smoke eater/filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRevo View Post

First off. Ozone generator can and are dangerous to humans.

I don't own one as I am to poor LOL my friend on the other hand does and I have to say it is amazing how well his house smells. Entering his main house or the smoking room it all smells the same. Only thing I can think is that seeing his house is under 3000sqf it is doing it all from 1 machine His little machine is only 12x12x9

https://aircleaners.com/product-cate...air-purifiers/
the AP-3000 is the one he has.

James
I have this unit and it is an ozone generator. It is effective, however it has limitations. Given the same smoke volume, a large space (i.e. 3000 sq.ft) will be much more forgiving than a small space of about 100 sq.ft. This is simply because a large space has a greater percentage of 'clean' air compared to a small space. In fact, you could have zero filtration in a large space and the odors would dissipate within 24-48.

Aside from a true air exchange, ozone IMO is the best way to clean odours. Filtration has the major drawback of trapping contaminated particles within the filtration device. The more you smoke within that environment, the greater amount of smoke particles trapped in the filter. Within a short period of time the filter itself will emit an odour. Couple that with accumulation of particles on hard and soft surfaces and you can see why air exchange is your best bet. If you are a casual smoker or even once a week then it will take longer before the odours are noticeable. This is based on personal experience with different filters, including HEPA and charcoal in a small room, one cigar a day, 365 days a year and I've tried candles, sprays, protein based sprays, ultraviolet, lampe berger, HEPA.
the nub is offline   Reply With Quote