Thread: CC's or NC's?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #105
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CC's or NC's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Finger View Post
Wow, Really Mark? That's how you read what I said? .
I read, or tried to read what you said to Markem and comprehend it, the stuff quoted above and below,
and I can't figure out WHAT you are saying. So do not be surprised that people misunderstand you.

Quote:
while being one of the biggest cc whores most Asylum members know is pretty weak. Give the man an
actual answer, he is only seeking help..
Why is anyone bound by this mysterious code, to be honest with their fellow annonymous internet buddy?
Most people say 'smoke what you like' in order to stay out of long, drawn out arguments with people who
have already asked a loaded question and are likely to whine about any answer you give, like a child
that answers every answer with "but why..?" You can't make people think like you, you can't make them
answer a simple question the way you do.

Quote:
I was only noting that the site in fact DOES give the preference to CC's and not NC's.
Build it and people who want your environment will come. If it gets lonely, don't complain to me" makes
you look like an elitest.

Is this what the mods around here expect out of their senior members? If so, then you probably are right.
I should go find somewhere else..
Your response showed me that you likely came here and signed up and started posting away. They show me
you likely did not read any of the sticky material that tells the story of how this board came to be. This is not
a democracy. It is kind of like a theocracy. There is a group of people that pays for this site out of their own
pocket and can set it up the way they like it. They constantly listen to suggestions but are under no pressure
to comply with them. If it leans towards havanas, maybe it is because the TOE, which is the Team of Eleven,
since you likely did not read that story, are a group of connoisseurs who seem to all prefer havanas.
They include the NC forum because they are fair. You can holler here and people might not treat you like they
do at some of the more animalistic forums, but never think that this is one of these boards that has to listen to
their advertisers or even their members. The way things are here may NOT be like any other place you will find.
But while you MIGHT think that is a negative, we here find it just about right.

I don't think anyone is telling you you should leave. They are probably telling you to find out where you are
before you start to behave as if you are where you might think you are. I think it is fair to say that you have
a lot of reading to do. If you fail to try to understand the asylum and just bash your head against the wall of
your cell, no one will miss you when you leave.

To answer your last actual question, a 'lot of other boards" separate CCs from NCs because they are smart enough
to realize, as this one does, that not every newbie that walks in, slaps down a username and password and
freemail address needs to have access to a forum where almost internet-wide, a little decorum is necessary for a
product that for a lot of smokers is "illegal". A lot of new members on baords come in and shoot their mouths off
about sources and ways of mailing contraband and get into arguments about how CCs suck, etc. It is smart to
segregate a board that requires "decorum and tact" from those people who have none of either until such time
as they LEARN some and EARN the priviledge. A separate board is an easy way to do this.

Last edited by OLS; 03-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote