View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Microsoft Technical Support called me!

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I thought I would share because I thought it was funny. There is a scam where people call claiming to be MSFT and try to get access to your computer. They called me today for the 3rd time this year. I thought I would share how the call went.

Me: Hello this is Kirk

Them: Hello this is <Indian name> with Microsoft Technical Support

Me: Yes?

Them: We are calling to inform you that your computer has a virus and every time you log onto the internet you information is being sent to a Server.

Me: (In a very sarcastic concerned voice) Oh my God! That is terrible!

Me: (Now very appreciative..again dripping with sarcasm) That is SO nice that you would do that, to notify me that my computer has a virus. Thank YOU!!!

Them: Yes, you are Welcome. I will show you how to get rid of the file, all you have to do is share your screen with me and give me control.

Me: No thank you.

Them: No I must show you how to get rid of this Virus, your information..

Me: Nah, Virus's are kinda cool!

Them: Virus's are cool?

Me: Yea!

Them: If you don't get rid of this virus we will block your IP address from the internet.

Me: Okay! I'll just get a new one.

Them: We will block you from the internet.

Me: Go Ahead! Are you doing it now? I can still get on the internet! When are you going to do it? Go ahead I dare you!

They hung up.... LOL