Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #1121
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Pretty good selection at McScrooges, prices are decent to a bit high. Better selection and prices in Nashville if you get that chance to drive a few hours away.

Nice score though, the Barrel Strength is good stuff
I've got two open bottles of bourbon right now (Conecuh Ridge and Knob Creek single barrel), so I don't want to open the barrel strength Four Roses yet.

It's hard for me to think of McScrooges as on the high price, for no other reason than they are significantly lower than Alabama prices! I'm not disputing your assessment AT ALL! It's just the relative difference that makes it seem cheap to me!! I generally check out Thunder Road (a block from my wife's hotel) for competitiveness. But they have more wine, less beer and liquor than McScrooges.

As to Nashville, I've got a sister that works part time at a store near Lebanon. That gets me a 25% discount, but she is limited on how much she can buy at that discount, so I only tap that source a couple times a year, and then, usually for the higher priced goodies!