Thread: This weekends Q
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #20
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: This weekends Q

SCOTCH EGGS!!!!!!!!!
A little Scotch boy whom we used to pick up for Sunday School
for a summer, his mother used to make those things for him all the time.
Wow, talk about warping back in time.
As a comment on the grilling, looks like you are very disciplined or have alot of practice. I am still getting used to mine (a cheap grill shaped smoker) that I resQUED from a friends pool before the management tossed it. So far I have cooked 3 excellent racks of ribs, burnt another three to charcoal, made one Boston Butt that was equally spectacular and ruined one taking it off too early ( I also dropped it into the coals when my grate slipped. Apparently hosing it off quickly didn't get ALL the grit out, lol).
I rely on my cajun instincts and Memphis internship to tell when the meat is done. No thermometer. The charcoal was me looking out the window after SNL one night and seeing rain. I though.."I should really check on that, but 6 more hours can't hurt it". Problem is my 'Smoking' technique is building a roaring bed of coals and tossaing a wet log on top and closing the lid for 1o-12 hours.
OOps.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote