View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Arganese ambassador maduro corona

I got a box of these in a 2 fer 1 sale which I split with Matt aka Mithshrike about a year ago. The corona has a length of 5 ½ inch and a ring of 45. The Brazilian mata fina wrapper has a nice dark color but some big veins are visible which makes the cigar not so appealing. Underneath the wrapper you’ll find a Dominican binder, Sumatra seed, and Dominican filler. The cigar is wrapped in cellophane. The predraw is fine and the construction feels good. The aroma reminds me of hay.

I get a nice warm coffee flavor with a mild sweet chocolate. The first few puffs the flavors are full but they mellow out. The aftertaste is dry wood and a bit stale, but not unpleasant. The stale undertone disappears quickly.

At every puff it looks like you’re sucking the chocolate and caramel marrow out of a candy bar, you can feel the flavors running over your tongue but as soon as you stop sucking the flavor is gone. After little over an inch something sour shows up and midway I get a surprise: cinnamon, a flavor that I love.

At 2/3rd I get some cedar but unfortunately, this cigar has a very noticeable turning point so it’s no use nubbin this cigar. I like this cigar but due to the warm and comforting feeling of the flavors, I think this is a very seasonal cigar. I would love this cigar in the cold of the winter, but would dislike it when it’s hot and sunny outside.

I get a lot of thick white smoke from this cigar, and the ash is light colored, firm but it doesn’t grow straight. The burn is a bit crooked and I had to correct a few times.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a good winter smoke and nice priced but they are discontinued.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 8 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10