View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moving, myself and my cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloo View Post
Guys,

I have not been around for a long time. I was overseas for 2 months and now am in the process of moving. My household goods will be in storage for up to 6 months as I relocate states so I am taking my cigars with me. Problem is, I cannot take the humidors with me (I might be able to, but it wont be easy).

My plan is to put all the cigars into 5 fingers bags and then put all the bags unsealed into a cooler with all the beads I have and a whole bunch of boveda packs. Simple question, will this work? Will this be safe for upwards of 6 months? Am I missing something. There will be no boxes or anything else in the cooler, just the cigars in open 5 finger bags with plenty of beads and bovedas.

Any advice will be more then welcome. I look forward too settling down again and getting back on the board... unfortunately I will just be checking in to get answers on this and then off to restart my life!

Thanks for the all advice in advance if I do not have time to thank individually.

Lu
Where are you moving to and how many cigars are we talking? I have quite a bit of room in my Vino, if you wanted to ship them to me I would take very good care of them. My vino runs at 67 degrees and 65% RH. Being totally serious here.

I would see if someone could hold them for you or, find a way to take them along with you.