View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #20
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Boys arrested for Releasing Live Chicken into School

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue View Post
Wow, these kids nowadays are losing their damn minds.
Eh, maybe. BUT, we did this, just slightly different, when I was in high school back in the early 80's.

Now I haven't read the article, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume since a chicken was involved it is probably a fairly rural area. I grew up in a small rural town as well, about 7k people where everybody knew everybody. Our high school had these double glass doors down close to the band room and shop that if you jerked on them real hard they would come open. There was no alarm except for up around the front office, which was completely on the other side of the school, so that never came into play either. You could also get in through a hatch in the roof that led down into the custodian's closet next to the lunchroom. When you live in a town like this there ain't a whole lot else to do but figure this stuff out.

So, we'd get a couple of chickens, jerk the doors open, and instead of just letting them loose, we'd move one of the ceiling tiles and let them go up there. So then they could literally walk around up there in the ceiling over the whole school. You would be sitting in class and you'd hear them up in the ceiling scratching around and it was just the best freaking thing ever.

Now today, you'd probably get into a lot more trouble if you got caught, which we never did. But this stuff has been going on forever. In fact, what worries me more today about kids is they have no freaking social skills because they keep their noses buried in video games and cell phones 24 hours a day. Get out and live, a little mischief never hurt anyone....I seemed to have turned out okay.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote