View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:22 AM   #1
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Adventures of a Newb

I've recently expanded into pipes with some enthusiasm and having never broken-in a new pipe (Though I've had Grabows and a gorgeous estate pipe I bought from DrDubzz), I thought I'd share my experiences. It's my new Chacom Plume 905, which I had filled half way with some Ashton Gold Rush, a straight Virginia that I had dry boxed for about 12 hours.

I made sure to fill it according to accepted conventional wisdom and paid attention to the draw before lighting. This worked out well as it was a cool, yet rather boring smoke. I also tried to synchronize my sipping of the pipe with my breathing, and I seemed to hit a good rhythm. The pipe is called Plume with good reason: it is somewhat small-ish at 5.1 inches in length, very light and quite comfortable to clench. Further, I experienced no gurgle or moisture related issues at all. I smoked it down to ash and it all dumped out with no effort. I'm very pleased with this pipe but I think I'll stick to my regular English blends for the foreseeable future.