View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 06:09 AM   #65
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lacto-Fermentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Oh, so I never came back to post a followup to the pepper-eggplant-carrot etc mash that Bob posted the link for.

Stuff came out really good. Added apple cider vinegar at the point where I wanted to stop the ferment and put it in the refrigerator.

Still have 2- 3 pints or so left.

Took a bunch of it and ran it through a low speed juicer a few times to make a bottle sauce.

Took the pulp from the low speed juicer and put it in a stainless bowl and put a fan on top of it blowing down so I could dehydrate the solids. Took a few days, then I ground them in the coffee grinder I keep just for spices. This stuff was awesome. Unfortunately, as you could imagine the yield is very low.
I"m down to my last 1/8 of a 2 qt jar (I think that's how big it is). Going to need to make some again soon. I have most of the ingredients on hand already.