Thread: Shilala Beads
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #80
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shilala Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I think it is scientifically impossible to 'carry things with it' as water evaporates out of
the sponge and is taken up by beads. But I am no scientist. But I DO make fun of them.
Brad, I thought he same exact thing up until not too long ago. When I was developing the beads I went and read up on water vapor. In reading, I found out water vapor can carry all kinds of stuff along with it by binding to it. I never knew that despite the fact I should because of the work I was in, plus I knew molecules of water bound to crap in the atmosphere and other molecules of water to become clouds and fog and so forth.
I had planned on writing "tap water" in the instructions to make things easier on people. Then I found that tons of mold spores are present in tap water. Plus vapor from tap water is more likely to carry crap.
So right back to distilled water we went.
I always used distilled water cause the old guys here said to use it. It was nice to find out why.