Thread: Humidor advice
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Humidor advice

[quote=badbriar;2028256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaser11 View Post
So my humidor seems to be acting odd. A couple weeks ago it had a funk to it so I emptied everything into tupperware and dried it out. Thankfully none of the sticks acquired the funk and it has since gone away.

Baking soda does wonders to get rid of funk and not add any off aromas to the sticks. Get rid of funk source, thoroughly wipe down inside of humi, put stuff back in, put in soda box, leave a few days and remove. Fresh as a daisy!

I've always heard you should never "wipe down" the inside of a humidor, the water even that little bit (assuming you use a barely damp cloth) can cause the wood to warp and totally screw the seal, forever and ever and ever.

AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote