MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Puros Indios Reserva Maxima ’03 Robusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEE View Post
definitely wasn't meant as an attack, and, like I said - I have been reading a lot of posts here and voiced what trend(s) I have found.

If slamming the door shut after smoking one cigar, and everyone else is ok with that kind of mantra then, well, allllllrighty then.

will go back to staying behind the scenes and just reading. thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Opinions are just that, one person's opinion, and shouldn't necessarily be used to make a final determination as to your smoking preferences.

They are, however, useful if you know your preferences mirror that of the OP.

Feel free to continue voicing yours, but an introductory post would be the way to go.

Hey, EEE. This is generally a pretty friendly forum, one that's tolerant of a wide range of opinions. If you'd let me, I'd like to offer a couple of constructive comments that might be helpful.

First, as several people have noted, it's generally good practice to introduce yourself. Just as you'd introduce yourself to the host and guests at a party at someone's house, you should pop over to the New Inmate Processing forum to say a few words about yourself.

Second, some of the reaction to your post may have had to do with the way you phrased it. Instead of challenging the OP (who's been around for quite a while and is known to many of us) or questioning how he got married, you might have said something like, "I'm sorry you didn't like it. I've smoked these and other Reyes cigars and I've really enjoyed them. You might try [insert favorite]. . . ." If you take a look at a review I posted for a La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial just yesterday, which was lackluster, you'll see that several folks pointed me toward another size in the line. That kind of response is helpful and more respectful of the time I spent posting the review.

Third, there are definitely contingents of vocal fans of particular cigars here in the Asylum. Some people love anything by Pepin, others love Illusiones, others love Olivas. But you don't have to look far to find inmates who don't care much for Olivas, or who think Pepin has overextended himself, or who don't like Dion's methods of marketing.

You shouldn't be shy about expressing your opinions; you might just do it in a way that is more positive and less directed as a criticism. And, just as you wouldn't write off an entire line based on one cigar, don't go back to lurking based upon this experience.

Welcome.