View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #2946
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

My Big Green Egg cracked in 4 places last night. Not like little cracks, but horribly epic top to bottom, egg shattering cracks. Literally out of no where. Was cooking some steaks, went inside, came back outside, and noticed one. Within a few more minutes, they were all over. Email'ed BGE customer service, they told me that the crack in the photo comes when the egg is "dropped or moved" and if I needed to replace my base "it is not covered under their warranty" and that I should "order one from my local dealer and would have to pay". I told them it's been in the same spot since day one, never been moved or dropped. He asked me for me pictures, I happily sent all of the angles he asked, and more.

I did some more research, and found someone of EggHeadForums that had nearly identical cracks in near identical places. Funny thing is, that person had his egg base replaced without a problem by the same person who told me that my Egg's cracks were a result of the egg being "dropped or moved". I sent the customer service rep the link to that thread as well....

Still no response. We'll have to see how this tale ends. It's a damn shame.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote