View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 04:25 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Ortega Wild Bunch Island Jim Wahoo

The march release of the wild bunch is a tribute to Island Jim Robinson, a shop owner in Pittsburgh. The cigar is a 6 1/2×52 toro that is made at My Father Cigars with Nicaraguan filler and binder and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper. The wrapper has a nice coffee color with some darker smudges and flattened veins, it’s quite oily. The construction gives a little and the cap is placed perfectly. The ring is in the same style as the Iron Mike one, so red with a blue cartoon, this time of Island Jim and a banner with the name. For the banner color Cigart picked a light yellow. The cigar has a strong aroma of hay and ammonia.

I punched the cigar. The cold draw is great, I taste sultanas. After lighting I taste a fresh coffee flavor. After half an inch I taste a floral flavor. The floral flavor gets stronger with a little spice and citrus. After a third the cigar gets peppery with honey. Halfway I taste a muted cedar with lemon. The pepper fades away and after a third I taste cedar, wood, fennel and some anise.

The draw is great. The ash is almost white, dense and firm. The burn is good and the smoke is medium full. The cigar is medium bodied and medium full flavored with a decent evolution. The smoke time is an hour and fifty minutes.

Would I buy this cigar again? That’s impossible.

Score: 89

originally posted: https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...and-jim-wahoo/