Thread: Dry aging beef?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 06:50 AM   #155
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dry aging beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Keith thought wrong... He's not available.
(What choo talkin 'bout Willis?!?)The meat will make it to day 78. I plan to cut it up this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post

Real deep beefy flavors, a hint of funk, and the texture and tenderness were on point.

Someone asked me to sum up the steak; I said it was like having a high end NYC steakhouse steak in my basement. Not bad for $3.77 a lb.

Considering trying 120 days next.
Am I ever wrong?!?...I've been to several of Dom's "tests" and agree, this one was phenomenal....Someone asked me and I said it's like having a high-end steakhouse in my buddy's basement, where he does all the work AND we can smoke cigars!...Win/Win! ...Brings me back to the days when we'd hit a steakhouse after a long day in court....chasing martinis, steaks, cigars and skirts....not necesarily in that order... Another one for the books my friend!!