WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pipe Smoker Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Cut View Post
if you remove how you were "treated", or anyone that you know, and just look at it from the perspective i mention in the paragraph above, you may feel the same way i do. if you can't put that out of your mind, then i would only expect you to feel disgust when seeing that "name" being portrayed in a positive light.

i put a lot of time into that area, if it were called Nancy's Pipe Blowers now, i wouldn't care. i know what i did in my time there, the pipe forums were a great place to be, helpful, friendly, and it grew and grew... it continues to this day... so if it were still "CS", i'd still feel the same amount of pride when it gets national attention, cuz i know i had a hand in laying the foundation that it is built upon.
if you can't see my stance, there's nothing more i can say to explain it.
We are going to have to agree to disagree then. It is not the same forum, not everybody who built it up is there anymore (myself included). I think content brings people in, but the people ultimately are what make forums good places. The fact that so many people got miss treated, some had it coming, some didn't, and that the stuff we did is now being used to turn a buck for someone who is an a$$hat of the highest degree does not make me proud at all. You should give a rip about the owner, would you still shop at a store that miss treated you or anybody you knew? I wouldn't, but maybe thats just me.

Premier place for pipe smokers you say? That's great, it fills my heart with joy to know that someone else is making money off all the fun we had there. That certainly captures the spirit of the old forum to a T.

A better question is why come here and stir the pot in the first place? You hardly post here anyways and the board exists as an asylum (excuse the pun) for people who felt wronged by the whole thing in the first place. Do you really think many people here of all places are going to agree with you?