View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 07:32 AM   #14
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: Drew Estate cancelling some of their cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Wow.

I was there in Esteli with a group when they handed all of us these prototype cigars to try. Jon Drew was talking about how the cigar was more densly rolled and the weight of the leaves, etc... when one of the guys, in a bad impersonation of Al Pacino's Scarface voice, blurted out a lyric from a rap(?) song.

"My UZI, it weighs a TON..."

And that's where the name came from. Jon loved it.

...and now it's done...

I'm getting old.
That’s funny. I would guess most cigars get named accidentally. I was responsible for one. I was out on the patio at Cigar Room Shoals, when it once was a place to be but now a **** hole, Glen Case of Kristoff was discussing a new cigar that would be named to express their displeasure with the FDA’s new rules governing new blends and cigar sales. They really couldn’t come up with anything so I chimed in that I’d be pissed off at these new FDA rules. Glen’s eyes lit up and said, “That’s it! Pistoff Kristoff!”
Didn’t even get a free cigar out of it.