View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need some computer building geek help, please.

I haven't checked Tiger Direct, I never really cared for them. I should check mwave, though. They can usually whip newegg's ass pretty good on some stuff.
The mobo and six core are pretty future-proof, I was thinking. Antec and corsair stuff lasts forever. That case has some sick cooling, so maybe it'll keep that ASUS mobo from frying. It's the weak link, I think. But as far as motherboards go, I have the best luck with them.

What's the deal on the eco green hdd's? Do they just shut off all the time, or something like that?
I wasn't planning to use them as my boot and boot backup, just storage. So it's not an issue, just wondering.

I suppose I wanted to make sure I didn't have something selected that doesn't make sense, ya know? The 5570 was just plain cheap, and I needed a video card to compliment my onboard graphics to give me 4 monitor support.

I'll check some prices. If you guys can think of anything else I should add/replace, please let me know your thoughts.
(I even looked at bluray burning, it isn't ready for prime-time yet. I hate to buy first gen burners, they suck. It might be a good idea though before they get all drm'd.)