Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #39
AngryBill
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (3)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
AngryBill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Don Pepin Garcia Blue Firecracker

So, I am stuck at work today for my 16 hour day, which as most know will be a 4-5 cigar day. My Pelican case is packed with lots of yummies and see this DPG cigar calling out for me.

This is a small version of the terrific Blue Label cigars. Thi is a nice little, 3" x50, pepper bomb. The cap has a long pigtail, which makes this cigar look just like a fat firecracker. The foot of this cigar has a smashed shaggy end, which looks as though it will drop ash really quick, but it was quite the opposite. Beautiful medium brown wrapper with a small vein and well placed cap. Pre-light hints of spice and pepper, cedar were present. After cutting this with my Palio cutter, I could taste the pepper and cedar. I toasted this cigar with my Dupont Xtend lighter and it took off. Lots of blue grey smoke came from this cigar.

I really can't base this cigar in thirds, as it took me about 35 minutes to smoke this. I had no problem nubbing this one (1/2"), as the flavor was awesome. The Blues really show off the great pepper/spice flavors which the Don creates for our enjoyment. There were no burn or draw issues and this cigar was terrrific. On a scale of 1 - 10, this cigar was a solid 9. Add in a great price on a box of 25 for about $95 and these are a steal. Definitely grab one and try it, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hope it helps. Thanks Bao for doing that split!
AngryBill is offline   Reply With Quote