Thread: Sausage Dip
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #33
Robulous78

Default Re: Sausage Dip

So I thought I'd show you guys this... Even tho mine has more steps the results are quite nice...

Rob's Rendition of Sausage Dip a la Brendon...

2 lbs Hot Sausage
3 Bricks Cream Cheese
2 Cans Hot Rotel Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Off-brand Diced Green Chilies

Steps:
1) Brown 2lbs Hot Sausage while drinking 2 fingers of Maker's Mark
2) Smoke Don Lino Africa Lancero while drinking Maker's Mark, Stirring Sausage
3) Heat Oven to 375 while pouring second drink of Maker's Mark
4) Drain Sausage in Pasta Strainer, Clumsily scalding oneself with Sausage oil, Finish half of 2nd glass of Maker's Mark
5) Transfer back to pan, Using Patato Masher to break sausage into fine chunks, Spread on the bottom of casserole dish, Layer Rotel and Chilies onto sausage, place cheese bricks on top, Finish 2nd Glass of Maker's Mark
6) Place casserole dish into oven, Think to yourself "F--K yea", Pour 3rd glass of MM
7) Finish smoking cigar. Check oven, see bricks are not runny yet, close oven and finish 3rd glass of MM.
8) pour 4th Glass of MM while checking oven periodically, Cheese Bricks not runny, continue drinking MM.
9) Think drunkenly to yourself, maybe the cheese won't run. Check oven to discover cheese is beginning to burn in place instead of run, Grab dish out of oven nearly forgetting potholders, use Potato Masher to stir cheese into dip getting "cheese lava" on hand.
10) Curse profusely, finishing 4th glass...
11) End up drunk with this...

[IMG] Untitled by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

12) Smoke Fausto while sobering up on a full and satisfied stomach, writing this.
13) Thank Brendon for the dank recipe