View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Finally thinkin about getting a Quality pipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Phew, what other makes? Lets see, 18 Charatans, 6 Ser Jacopos, 3 Claudio Cavicchis, 2 Larry Roushs, 1 Jirsa, 1 Peterson, 1 Stanwell, 3 IMP Meers, 1 Ronny Thuner, 1 Lanes Johnson, 1 WO Larsen, 2 Rad Davis, 4 Dunhills, 2 Comoys, 1 Ashton, 1 Tsuge, 1 Caminetto, 2 Radices, 2 Ardors, 6 various cobs, and about twenty different basket pipes.

The Jirsa definitely holds its own compared to the Stanwell, Petey, Larsen, and cheapos I have. It's an excellent pipe for the money I think, I have pipes that were much more expensive that don't smoke as well.

If you've never tried pipe smoking before you might want to consider some cobs or a meer. If your going to be sampling a bunch of different tobaccos a single briar pipe is gonna get some flavor ghosts. You won't get that so much with cobs or a meer.
Been threw a few Cob's, Mainly for sampling different tobacco's
And Also i have my Briar i bought online i think from the "other place " from a guy that hooked me up with a great selection of tobacco as well- All it says is Algerian Briar Made in France. Def. a cheaper pipe, So i tend on using it for flavors.

So all in and all a Jirsa would be a great pickup for someone Looking towards a more quality pipe, But still under the 100$ Range
If you have any other suggestions i would be very interested in them as well