View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #73
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Although, a few of theses are not bourbons, I found this to be interesting. I found it while surfing. It's a list of the top ten whiskey's that everyone should try!

I have had #9 and #10 and loved them both! I have not tried any of the others. Have you tried any of these?

#10 - Wild Turkey American Honey. If your throat’s burning and you’re craving something sweet, try this honey-laced bourbon from Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. Ashley Judd not included.

#9 - Dalwhinnie 15 years old. Scottish single malt, considered one of the “Six Classic Malts,” originating in the Highlands. Treat it respectfully or risk getting your head cut off by a Frenchman with a Japanese sword and faking a Scottish accent. (There can be only one!)

#8 - Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve. Regular Jameson on steroids, metaphorically speaking. Only 1,300 3-liter cases came out for the first vintage, which means you had an easier time getting the first copy of the last Harry Potter book.

#7 – Nikka Yoichi 20 years old. So it’s not from Ireland or Scotland. Japan’s an island, too, and in a 2003 blind taste test, this Asian single malt gave the Gaels one in the eye.

#6 - Suntory Hibiki 30 years old. Yet another entry from the Land of the Rising Sun, this whisky was declared the “World’s Best Blended Whisky” at the 2008 World Whiskies Awards. Boy, first it was cars, now it’s booze?

# 5 - Compass Box Hedonism. Winner of the 2008 “World’s Best Grain Whisky” award from Whisky Magazine. Made in Scotland by an American. Sip it respectfully, watch a Sean Connery Bond film, and chant “USA! USA!”

#4 - Glenrothes 25 years old. Another limited edition single malt, though with 2,400 bottles released upon an unsuspecting world, you may want to ask Glenrothes if they really know what “limited” means. Each bottle of this whisky contains spirits distilled in 1967, 1972, 1977, 1979, and 1980. Guess that’s what’s really going on when you save time in a bottle.

#3 - Blue Hanger 30 years old. The name has nothing to do with Joan Crawford’s closet fetishes and everything to do with an 18th century whisky lover who liked to wear blue. Gee. Suddenly all those frequent customer points seem so hollow, don’t they?

#2 - Glenfiddich 40-year-old. Only 600 bottles were filled from the casks first laid down in 1963. If you have to ask the price, you probably can’t afford it. It’s earned enough gold medals to be served to Michael Phelps.

#1 - George T. Stagg. The pride of Buffalo Trace Distillery of Frankfurt, Kentucky. You can’t go wrong with a Bluegrass state bourbon, and if you’re willing to plunk down the bucks, George T. Stagg deserves a place on your rack.