View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: School me on supplements

My answer would depend on: 1) your goals, 2) your typical dietary plan, and 3) your age.

I never used any supplements until I got a bit older (past 40 ) and found that my body wasn't producing what I wanted it to in order to keep up with the intensity of my workouts. Plus, I was interested in adding muscle, so I needed more protein but didn't want to eat an entire chicken every day.

I've settled on:
  1. a preworkout drink that contains caffeine anhydrous + amino acids + nitric oxide (Body Rush); side effects can include slight bowel issues, light-headedness & increased BP, but none of those are that significant for me
  2. a workout/recovery drink + BCAAs (Endurox R4 + GNC brand BCAA); no real side effects
  3. a protein mix for strength training days (GNC Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60); no real side effects
  4. a meal supplement protein blend (Dymatize Elite); no real side effects.

I also take a multivitamin + fish oil, but I would do that without working out anyway.

Just my , hope this helps

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote