chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51 View Post

You could look into creatine if you choose so as well.
I would avoid creatine at all cost. Part of my Exercise Physiology degree was a research study on this stuff specificly. Your body already produces creatine and if you have a good diet it produces enough for your body. By taking extra you are telling your body not to produce it. Most brands tell you to take X amount which is 100% of daily recomended amout, others are higher than 100%. Either way if you intake 100% and your body is making some, then you are literally pissing the rest away, which is putting strain on your kindeys. The studies had shown mayn cases where the kidneys were so over loaded that they had significant damage and were approaching failure. And when the person stopped taking creatine your body did not start making creatine (not a good thing) for "an extended period of time (it's been wa while since I did the research, don't remember the mean time frame)

So I guess my advice would be eat a balanced diet, and do not take supplements that say that it's 100% or higher of the daily dose. You will either just piss it out or it will store in your body no one realy knows what that will cause in the future yet.