Old 11-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

First Name: Ray
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about
Default El Baton Robusto

I hadn't been to my B&M in quite a while, so I was looking for something a little different. The owner of this place usually is pretty consistent with his selection, but every now and then he brings something in that's a little different than the usual Fuente, Padron, Punch lineup. I noticed a few new brands that I'd not seen before and this one caught my eye.
Nothing flashy, but a nice looking presentation. Attractive box and band, the construction looked nice, and the price wasn't bad at $6 a stick. I decided to burn this one out on the porch this evening with a Fritz's Strawberry Pop and a Vince Flynn novel.
Upon lighting, I was rewarded with a near perfect draw and a pleasant coffee like taste, which is one of my preferred flavor profiles in a cigar. The flavor was unchanging for the most part throughout the cigar which was fine by me. It did get a little harsh a couple times, but I may have gotten a little over eager. The draw was the same the entire time as well as a nice even burn.
I believe this was my first cigar since July 4th and I was not dissapointed. Overall i would rate this cigar a 7/10. No complaints at all here. I will defintely make some room in the humi for a few more.
4WheelVFR is offline   Reply With Quote