Thread: Yes Virginia...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Yes Virginia...

All good suggestions above. If you are looking for straight Virginias, and the guideline is "without casings," then I would also suggest a call to Cornell and Diehl. Craig & Patty Tarler are good folks and will gladly answer questions and get out a sampler to you of some VAs.

A note about the McClelland Virginias listed above (and I personally have some in my cellar and enjoy them), of the ones listed by BigFrank, there are no VA "flakes" - 2020 would be considered a broken flake, that is with some large un-rubbed portions in it, but they are not flakes.

If you are looking for VA Flakes, then the others suggested would be your route to follow. And, to that I'd add (if Flakes are your first choice) Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster and Rattrays Marlin Flake.

If you want just straigh VAs, then I'd add Rattrays Hal 'o the Wind and Old Gowrie.