Thread: nice rums?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #142
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: nice rums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
Never tried the Blackstrap, been meaning to though. If you've got a bottle of Gosling's Black Seal, how does it compare? If you don't... go get one
Black Seal I like - have a couple bottles of it, and don't think you can compare the two against each other.

Black Seal - I like to call it a "hearty" rum. It's very unusual to me in the world of rums. Straight or mixed - it gives you two distinct tastes as if it was two different rums. Also keep in mind, if you've never seen a bottle of it, that the bottle itself is actually clear and not black!

Black Strap on the other hand left me with a please God - remove my tongue from my mouth and I'll go to church everyday and twice on Sunday.

Seriously - Black Strap tasted like it was distilled in old pig gut barrels with bridle straps cut from a dead horses ass tossed in for flavor.

Took four shots of Flor de Cana 12 year to cut the taste from my mouth.

Could just be me though - my friend Bob tried it and seemed to enjoy it. So either I'm way off base or he has a hankering for dead horse butt.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote