Trading: (2)
TheatyHannington is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favorite Morning Smoke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Nice reviews TH...
Thank you sir!

Here are my Third Impressions:

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe: If smoked too quickly will get VERY hot quickly. This makes it smell and taste faintly of wood smoke. However, if enjoyed slowly and reasonably, it is an incredible blend, with emphasis on the edible portion of that word. Tasty tasty. Still my favorite.

H&H Anniversary Kake: Tried this while walking the other day. Did not taste good at all. I assume I was smoking it too quickly. Later that day I tried a bowl in my buddy's living room and it tasted amazing again. This stuff is phenomenal.

Seattle Pipe Club Seattle Evening: Still so good. It is stronger than the Butera's, more spice and flavor. The smoke in the room smells a little weird to me and others, but it tastes really good in the mouth. Still my Wyf's favorite, by far.

C&D Haunted Bookshop: The disparity I sensed between this blend and the others has disappeared. I don't know if it was a few days in my humidor or what, but this blend has come on strong, vying for a higher rating against the other blends. I would now say it is tied with Seattle Evening for third out of these. Like Seattle Evening, this has a solid, flavorful, spicy core with surrounding hints or dark, mellow, full-bodied flavors. This one is actually still quite good when smoked quickly or while walking. That may be one thing that helped the rating here. But I also smoked some indoors again and still really enjoyed it. I think a couple of days in the humidor really helped this out and I may slip my wyf a bowl of this to try again.

The true beauty of pipe tobacco is the social aspect of smoking. It allows one to relax while in a social situation without it being awkward or boring. The worst pipe-smoking friend is the one who is always talking, who doesn't appreciate the inspiration inherent in silence. To that end I have been sharing these blends extensively with friends. The general consensus is that Anniversary Kake is almost perfect, Dunhill is okay, Haunted Bookshop is too one-sided, and Seattle Evening is also almost perfect, except that weird note in the smoke's scent.

My Next Purchases:
Esoterica Stonehaven (God Willing)
Dunhill 965 & Nightcap
McClelland Frog Morton
McConnell Scottish Cake
Carter Hall
TheatyHannington is offline   Reply With Quote