Thread: Anyone in Sales
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
mrreindeer

Default Re: Anyone in Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna View Post
I believe that everyone is in sales regardless of your title, and I function under that philospohy at my work everyday. All of my sales skills are transferrable since sales is relationship driven, not $$$ driven. People hate to be sold, but they love to buy, and they will buy from someone they like, know and trust before they buy based on $$ alone.
Although some people still buy based on the $$ so I would say 'most' buy from their friends. It's absolutely relationship driven. And I'm friends with all of my clients and it's been a great thing.

So I'm in sales. Started when I was 11 years old going door to door pre-selling Olympic pins in '84 so I could get the money to order in bulk so I could get one pin (from each company from which I ordered). Worked in a movie theater in high school 'selling' popcorn and 'upselling' candy and drinks. Worked as a fundraiser at UCLA during & after college a bit. Worked as an indie film distributor 'selling' our cr@p movies to art theaters across the country during a little break in college. Now I'm in sales as a stock trader and have been trading for almost 6 years now and been at the same firm for 11 years.