View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

First Name: Ed
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
WaxingMoon will become famous soon enoughWaxingMoon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Waxing Moon News

Hello all my old friends.... and new ones too!

I've been working hard lately on a couple of fronts....

First of all... family issues had taken me from the net lately... My 80 year old Mom had an abdominal aortic aneurysm and is recovering nicely....

Second of all.... I've been keeping my nose to the grindstone in the shop.... which I have moved to my home town of Albert Lea, Mn for a couple of reasons....

Number 1... Mom will need somebody to shovel snow in the winter and cut her grass now.....

Number 2... I have had to turn away more work than I can do. Which is sad, because I know that it can be done and now was a better time than any to work on building the "Waxing Moon Team"....

I've tried hiring folks from time to time - but, bottom line, out there in the world it's tough to find somebody you can work with, and trust at the same time....

I am working on assembling a team of lifelong, woodworking friends to accommodate anything that can be thrown at us in the humidor world.

These lifelong woodworking friends can use the work too and it kills me to know that we can do it.... and just be too damn busy.

We are meeting this evening to work through the details - and any feedback on the direction I have taken this would be appreciated....
In the mean time... I'm working on the humis I have on the bench. Excited about the change.

Instead of getting overwhelmed and saying no - I made changes to do what we can for my Brothers of the Leaf. Building Humi's and smokin' cigars, it seems... is the only love I can have... So, here I am.

So.... Let me introduce to you "the team"...

First picture is my lifelong friend, Jim & I (Jim is on the right)... we have some of the same aunts & uncles & stuff..... Jim is a very skilled craftsman and can figure out just about anything....

Then there's Greg. I don't have a picture of Greg yet.... but, Greg is another brother that I grew up with. Greg has been working at the Ford dealership as the painter and can put a finish on anything.... He's been finishing all his life and is good at it. Greg can put a piano shine on that you won't believe and we'll be offering Greg's service at a nominal charge - that will go straight to Greg.... Probably around $50-$75 or so... but, worth it.

I'd like you to meet Ken.... Ken is a couple years older than me.... I've known him for 30 years and is Jim's brother in law.

Ken has a wood shop to die for and we'll be kicking out some cabinets in the not so distant future....

Ken's pet project at the moment is trimming out and building furniture for his 3000 square foot home that is above the shop..... He can make anything "big".... Jim & I can line it and trim it out.....

Here's Ken & some of his shop....

Check out this pneumatic clamp... perfectly square doors every time!