View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I have finally found a vodka I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatmiser View Post
These two have done fine for me in mixed drinks which is really the only time I will drink vodka. Me and a bunch of my buddies had a tasting of 18 different vodkas about a year ago. Our tasting was done straight with no ice and at room temperature. Ketel One and Tito's were the two that rose to the top for me over the others I tried which were: Jewel of Russia, Ciroc, Stoli Elite, Grey Goose, Effen, Smirnoff, Imperia, Hangar One, Chopin, Absolut, Belvedere, Blue Ice, Finlandia, Idol, Level, Pravda.

What other vodka would you recommend that is tasteless, reasonably priced and void of aroma?
That's a difficult question, at least for me, because when I sample a vodka for the first time or two and it offers no aroma and is virtually tasteless, I completely put it out of my mind. I prefer to drink vodka over ice or martini style.

I have tried most of the ones used in your tasting, but not all of them. The ones I really like are Jewel of Russia, Chopin, Blue Ice and Hanger One!