Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #630
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sous vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
One of the things I've wanted to cook ever since I got my SV was pork chops, I've never liked them before but I heard they were next level cooked this way. Finally got my chance last night, with some great looking chops I got from my butcher over the weekend. Last weekend I also made some peach chutney similar to this, using local Palisade Peaches (also made peach sugar with the skins that turned out amazing). To make the chops, I pureed some of the chutney and put it in the bag with the meat then cooked at 140* for ~2 hours. I finished in the broiler, at the same time I made a sweet gravy with the bag juice, a little brown sugar, a little chutney and some flour. Cooked the chops maybe 4 minutes per side, took out and covered with the gravy and served with more chutney on the side. This made me a believer in pork chops, can't wait to make again
Pork is by far my favorite sous vide meat. Chops, tenderloin, belly. It really lets you be comfortable with how well cooked the meat is without drying it out. I'm hoping to get my hands on some wild boar soon, much less lean than normal pork is these days.
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote