View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #97
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut27 View Post
More facts:

1) Dan contacted me in Afghanistan about a GB for a patch back in November 08. I was leaving soon, but hoped to get the patches made by a local vendor in Camp Phoenix before I left. I set up the patch and had a prototype made, then ordered the batch.

2) The vendor was backlogged and couldn't get the patches made before I left country. I was unwilling to stick around in Afghanistan to wait, so I turned the process over to my Tiki Hut replacement, TFphoenix33.

3) TFphoenix33 waited for Dan to send a check so he could pick up the patches. Never came. Dan said he had some personal issues and was having trouble getting the check out.

4) I got involved again in February and April as a liason between Dan and TFphoenix33. No money came from Dan, TFphoenix33 was unwilling to front the money (smart man). As far as I know, the patches are still sitting at the embroiderers. Maybe they will still be there by the next time I get sent back to Afghanistan.

5) I am unaware of any refunds for patches, I know even I sent him money for the GB because the final patches were slightly different than the prototype and I wanted one.

6) I am also unaware that any of the troop supporters received anything from the failed GB. Please correct if so.

7) I feel lousy about the whole thing .
Wasn't your undoing, Dan never sent the cheque, so no patches.