View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 8 year old kid gets pepper sprayed by the police.

I hope that one day we get a little more for our money and actually SEE and HEAR a refutation by the
psychological community that this whole Time-out chair mentality has been a big step back for
American society. You can plot the behavior on a chart from where my parents were and the way I and
others like me turned out to the way these generations have turned out. Add in the internet and you are
going to see an exponential rise in this kind of behavior. I got may a$$ whipped SEVERELY as a child,
because I was a limits-tester. Early and often, sometimes 40-50 good licks with the belt. And I can tell
my mother is gratified by the fact that I never held it against them or stated that I thought they were
wrong. My mother dreaded parent-teacher night, because invariably the story I was telling and the story
they later got from the teacher was completely divergent. She was always embarassed to hear the real story.
Those were usually the worst beatings. But they took their responsibility seriously and raised three smart,
well-thought of children who became well-adjusted adults who understand personal responsibility. Pity
this country the children they have spawned with this everbody gets a trophy, no beatings at home or
in school drooling doofus squad. Ironic that society has forced us to consider SO MUCH the impressions of
others as to how we raise our own children, and yet somehow this results in generations of children who could
CARE LESS what people think of them. Our society functions best when each child thinks first about how
his behavior affects the lives of others.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote