View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #28
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tongue Bite..Va\Per recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
So I think drying the tobacco is key for me. I finally dried it out to the point where it actually felt too dry, but wasn't fragile or crumbling. If this were a cigar wrapper, the cigar would be unsmokable by this standard, but it seemed to work rather well in the pipe. The smoke was noticeably cooler, was easier to keep lit and tasted oh-so-wonderful. I also noticed that the ash was white, whereas before there was a lot more dark charcoal looking pieces. I assume it's because it's burning all the way through now.

Thank you!
Bingo!!! I wondered if that might be the problem. Tobacco is often over humidified for storage so it does not dry out. AND, dare I say it, water is cheaper to produce than good tobacco? OK, that is the cynic in me.

Peace of The Lord be with you.