View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #34
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Favorite Steak House

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
I need to make a trip to Wayland! Thanks for the heads up about this place....it's going on my list of places to try.

Moses, what makes you like S & W more than Grill 23? I've yet to go to S&W which is why I'm asking.
I like the decore at S&W, along with better wine glasses than Grill 23 and more reasonably priced wine list. S&W has a similar quality steak that costs a little less. There's less hassle getting a seat. The potato crisp thing is really good. The desserts are very similar. The wine presentation is the first thing that comes to mind though. Don't expect S&W to be "better"; they're all on a similar playing field except for Capital Grill which is a small step down.

To me, it's about service, plates-cutlery-glassware, and wine. Anyone can cook a steak and it's just a meal. The fine touches are what set it apart. Does the wine come out at the right temperature? Do they decant it through cheese cloth?

A&L does have Ch. Musar on their wine list for a good price; that alone is enough to get me to A&L first.