View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #1176
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I finished the bottle of bourbon I've been working down. I decided tonight to open the Woodford Reserve Double Oak I picked up last week.

People, this is NOT your everyday Woodford!!!! I'm drinking it straight-up, which is my normal method of sippin bourbon. Initial taste on my lips and front of tonge was much sweeter than I would have guessed. Then, as the whiskey flows back, it developed a sting and bite on the back of my mouth like it is 100+ proof (90 proof). The double oak finish on this bourbon manifest itself with an expected smoky taste that is much closer to the smoky peat taste of good scotch! This bourbon goes through half a dozen changes on each sip. While I don't usually use ice or water, I'd think this bourbon would be even more complex if a single cube of ice was added. I'd buy this one again, if I run across it.

Nice review....big fan of WR....never saw the double oak, but i'll be on the "prowl" for it!