Thread: 2015 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #270
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2015 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Great game last night.
Started off terrific with the inside the parker.
Loved the back and forth. And who doesn't love a game tying homer in the ninth?
I didn't think there was anything crazy done by either manager.

Some first guesses:
I was shocked to see Harvey out after only 80 pitches. It didn't factor into the game, just surprised me.
After Zobrist doubles to lead off the 8th, I'm not sure I have Cain try and bunt him over.
I understand that's how they play, manufacturing runs, but he's still your #3 hitter and I'd like to think he'd find a way to get him over or drive him in.
Also, they had to be the two most horrific attempts at a bunt I've ever seen.
I also thought Collins was too quick with the hook for Niese. Looked to me like he was mowing them down. Again, it didn't really factor in.
Agreed that it was a great game and awesome opener to the Series. Just sad that Familia blew his first save since July 30th. Would have been nice to win game #1 on the road. Tonight is a must win for the Mets. Hoping deGrom has his A game this evening.