View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #37
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
are you sure about this? Technically yes, Android 2 supports multitouch, but as I understand the US version of the Droid doesn't have it.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...OSKH4ATMY32JVN

I think this really impacts the Droid as far as any gaming is concerned, as most of the best games need some kind of multi touch support on a touch screen, at least as far as I understand multitouch is concerned.

HMMMmmm

Well no, I'm NOT entirely sure anymore... BUT here's what I know:

This video here CLEARLY shows that the Droid has multi-touch AND pinch and zooming capabilities.
http://phandroid.com/2009/11/03/moto...d-multi-touch/

Even the G1 had multitouch capabilities, BUT that section of the operating system code was commented out.

Theories are quite plentiful as to why the droid would or would not have it.... sadly many of them do not make ANY sense when reading the Motorola article that you provided.

The reviewer in that video clearly demonstrated that the Droid does support multi-touch (he also made comments about that in relation to his Droid on screen keyboard review in a different article). HOWEVER, he is using a pre-release version of the phone. It stands to reason that only 1 week before the launch, Verizon would have given him a normal version of the phone to test out.... but the long and short of it is, we won't have a definitive answer until someone takes a post 11/6 Droid off the Verizon shelves and puts the Picsay imaging application on it to try it out!