View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #29
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?

(disclaimer: I've been a programmer for 30+ years, so take my geekiness into account.)

I have the Android G1 via T-Mobile. I've had a couple iPhones before and I love this thing. It's a LITTLE bit too slow but that's what I get for getting the first generation.

The lock-in of the iPhone was driving me crazy. All apps must come from their store. The functionality of just about everything was nice on it...except it's behavior as a phone.

The G1 is a very nice phone with buckets of applications available from it's "market" and elsewhere. I have a second web browser, a replacement for the contact management system, and all kinds of mindless time wasters. Not because the phone needed it but because the options are there to play with.

I'm very very happy with it.

Now, if I were gainfully employed I would probably jump on the Verizon "Droid" in a heartbeat. It's got the hardware keyboard (a MUST for ham-fisted people like me) in addition to the touch screen. Plus it's a faster thingie.

The Barnes & Noble e-book reader is based on the same software OS (which is what "Android" actually refers to) as are a number of upcoming devices.

Unfortunately, no, I don't get kickbacks from T-Mobile, Google, Verizon or Motorola.

Feel free to bug me if I can help.

o/

- M
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote