View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #455
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
The thing with the SB800 is not so much the remote trigger. I can live without that, specially since I own numerous GVI wireless remote slaves that I can use from my days in the business.
I recommend the SB800 purely for the additional power it provides. That power will not only come in handy when needing to throw more light forward but will also come in extremely handy for bounce lighting, which is 90% of the flash photography I do and would highly recommend all do.

Again, no doubt the SB600 is an awesome flash but I would call it a V6 on that Mustang when you can rev a V8. If budget is a concern, no doubt the SB600 is the better way to go and certainly is a very good flash.
The 800 does serve as a remote trigger but so does the onboard flash on the D90 so he can trigger either unit with just his camera. If you have the cash go bigger. I m with you Blue.