Default Re: Palette range - top 5 cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk05 View Post
1980s Romeo y Julieta Churchill TUBO
1990s Monte #2
LRE09 LGC Tainos
LBT10 Cohiba Behike 54
AME13 Hoyo Epicure #2

This should give you an idea of what Cuban cigars can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Because everyone has access to 80s and 90s cigars.

I can't even stop laughing to answer this yet, Marc.
I don't know why people laugh at suggestions like this. The OP asked for "the top 5 cigars that encompass that a range a new Cuban smoker should try." Why not recommend the proper experiences so that he can understand how good Cuban cigars can be? All he has to do is request these on an "In Search Of" thread, no?

There are too many cigars that it can be overwhelming for new smokers curious about the world of Habanos. In my opinion, newcomers should be enlightened - experience something truly amazing - to bring them into the community. When we attend a herf or visit friends, we share the best (subjectively speaking). These memories are etched forever, not just because of the company, but also due to the quality of the cigars. And, once you have an idea of what is really great, it is easier to navigate through the Habanos portfolio to ascertain what is quality, and what is not.

This is just my opinion, of course. The OP can take what he wants from the discussion! The post previous by porchdweller is very nice as well, but I find that tobacco (like grapes) is vintage driven! More transparency - more information - is always preferable to less.
mk05 is offline   Reply With Quote