Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation
Default What beers are you enjoying?

A thread for you all you beer lovers out there! So, what's in your glass?

For me:

Thomas Hardy's Ale (from 2001!): like really, really good guys. I bought four packs and am gonna let them sit for a long while. So awesome.

Boad's Robust Porter: this one was from a brewery that I didn't know existed the town next to me. Not bad either. Like a Smuttynose RB but lighter.

Hoppy Otter: It was indeed hoppy. Pretty good, from the UK I think.

Liberty Porter: I like Porters. This is a good one.

Sam Adams Octoberfest: My sister made me buy this. She works at the best liquer store around (college job) and insisted I buy some cause they sell it like crazy. It's pretty good I guess, but not outstanding. Drinkable but forgettable.

Innis and Gunn barrel aged something: quite good. Sweet with some vanilla flavors. I liked it alot, probably a little too sweet to drink all the time but a nice change of pace beer.

Banana Bread beer: I forget who made this, wasn't wells. It tasted like bananas and beer.

Ipswich Oatmeal Stout: Tom brought some oatmeal stout (forget which, help me out Tom!) to one of the joed herfs and I liked. So I picked up a sixer of this and it is very tasty, but very thick and heavy. Nice stuff.

Hacker-Pschorr original Oktoberfest: I liked the the HP whitbier but this one I didn't like at all. It just tastes bad. Maybe I got a bad six pack, but this is seriously some of the worst beer i've had in a long while.

Ommegang Abbey Ale: It smells like a fruit bowl when you open it up. slightly sweet taste, nice rich kinda leathery flavor I guess. A good stab at a trappist ale, but not quite as good as the real deal.

Duchesse De Bourgogne Ale: this stuff is awesome. Just awesome. That's all i'm going to say. Go buy some. Now.

Well, that's all I can remember right now. I can almost feel myself getting fatter just typing this lol.