Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: People never cease to amaze me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
I know that with my alarm company they will not call 911 until they have tried to get in touch with me to verify the event. If they cannot get in touch with me then they would call 911. In your case since the alarm company knew it was a test they would not have called 911.

As for your neighbors, I find that the only neighbors that seem concerned about stuff are those that I am friendly with -- which is not all of my neighbors. The few times our alarm has gone off it has only been for a short period (even when we test), so they ask me about it later, but figure that it was an accident...

Having said all of that, I am not sure that I would count on my neighbors if it were a real emergency -- would much rather count on the (armed) Police, Fire and Ambulance arriving quickly...
Michael, the pisser is these are all folks that I am friendly with. I do so much crap for all these people. After storms, it has been that has helped them with tools like generators or chainsaws, it has been me that has helped with the clean up, have helped them with their insurance claims in getting new roofs, have cooked on my grille for all of them who had no power, and on and on and on. That is what drives me the craziest with this event.