View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: People never cease to amaze me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
All I can say is WTF??? How can people be so accustomed to alarms going off that they no longer care and ignore them. This, while not nearly as bad, reminds me of the many videos we see on TV where folks are being assaulted and bystanders pass by and do nothing to assist. What is this world coming to? As much as I may want to not do anything in return for these neighbors should the same happen to them, I don't have that in me and it is not the example I wish to set for humanity.
It is a sad state of affairs Carlos when your fellow human being does nothing in response to a neighbor in need.

I call these individuals cattle and sheep. They do not want to get involve, participate, or help. They would rather stand-by inside their little shelter of a box, turn up the sound of the tv/radio, close the shades, and not have to worry period. These individuals can simply go to hell as far as I'm concerned, and do not contribute to a healthy and safe community.

I'm one who stays involved and active in my community by saying hello and chatting with my fellow neighbors. We know one another in my community, and a number of us tend to look out for others where I live. So far, Mr. Springfield has not had to speak up on my behalf. I walk my community at some points during the day, but mainly at nights, armed with my cell phone and Surefire P9. Sometimes, I find dark garages with the doors up and have been able to enlighten my neighbors, who thank me for advising them. You also get to meet new neighbors too.

Being proactive in your community is key to deactivating any potential crime that may occurr. I guess that's why we don't have druggies in my community any longer

Get involved and stay involved in your communities folks...