View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #77
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiith View Post
What's the best travel humidor for the money? I am looking for one that can hold at least 15 and will keep them safe and in good condition if one were to go hiking, camping, the like....

And once you get a travel humidor, is there anything special you need to do to make it ideal for more rough (and possibly lengthy: more than 2 day) expeditions?

Thanks all!
In my view, one of the very best if Cigarcaddy. Otterbox sold off the cigarcaddy line to some of their employees and they are now at http://www.cigarcaddy.com/

If you aren't going for more than a week, then this is what I recommend:

1. Take all the foam trays out of the cigarcaddy - you won't need them
2. Pack your cigars in 5-finger bags. These keep them separated and provides some cushioning to prevent cigar damage.

Go forth and enjoy. I've checked my 30 count cigarcaddy in soft sided luggage for international travel and never had a stick broken using the above method. I can get about 50 sticks in the 30 count using this method. However, I almost never check it if I can help it.

the zip-lock format of the 5-finger bags will seal in the humidity and the air tight seal on the cigarcaddy helps as well. For travel on an airplane, I suggest one with a pressure relief valve or you might have to wrestle with it to get the box to open after the flight. The rugged and nearly indestructible PVC plastic is a great plus.

I have 3 cigarcaddys, all gifted to me. Love em. Oh yeah, they are waterproof.