View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #58
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cheaphumidors.com purchases??

I think that we all need to agree to disagree. I can't believe how far this has gone. It works both ways, some people are happy, some are not. Some people had issues that were resolved (Icehog for example) some people did not (Linda).

I think that my original point was that while there may have been some issues the majority of the customers were happy. No one bats 1000 in retail. It's not possible.

Either way I'm glad that everything worked out (sort of - like you said, it was your choice not to return it in the end) with your husband's gift.

Anecdotally my fiancé bought be a humidor at a Marshall's or TJ MAX or something like that and while it is nice looking on the outside it is lined with aromatic cedar and therefore not fit to store cigars in. I love it anyway and display it proudly (but empty ) because it came from her and she was thoughtful enough to think of me when she saw it. Not completely the same situation but I hope that is the spirit of the conclusion that you and your husband reached.