Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: The journey from 260 to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
This is a great thread. I'm tall (6'5'') and topped out at 280. Saw some pictures of myself and asked who the fatso was. I absolutely hate exercise unless it's outdoors or playing basketball. I've forced myself to do the bike/treadmill when it's cold and do a 3 mile fastwalk with my wife when it's warm. I do crunches while watching TV. Food was my biggest problem. I eat a small breakfast and lunch but snack like crazy from 8-12 every night. I cut out a lot of the chips and sugar and stopped eating after 8pm. I've been stuck at 251 for about 2 weeks but am keeping with it. I just have to motivate myself to exercise more. Also using a calorie counter on my iPhone which helps a lot. I think 230 would be great for me and hope to hit it this year.

MCS
We have the same weakness.. snacks. I tried giving them up, it just doesnt work. Same time frame problem for me as well.

Some things I did which you might try.

1. Changed the snacks. Added a lot of diversity, but lower calorie options. Everything from pickles, sugar free jello, fruit and yougurt (the combination is filling and tasty), nuts, 100 calorie snacks are good but you end up eating a bunch of them. Try and limit each itme to 1. If you need more eat a different snack. I set a upper threshold for the snacking that fits within a daily calorie number. For example, since I like to snack eat fewer calories for L,D so that there are 4-600 calories in the plan for snacking.

2. Water, water, water. When I snack, I force myself to drink a glass of water with each snack. Seems to prevent the "going deep" urge.

3. The deadly time window - that 8-12 period where you can just get in the grazing mode. The best solution I have found is to do my exercise around 8:30 or 9. Including prep and clean-up it burns an hour and a half of the danger zone.