View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much Propylene Glycol

Personally, I don't use pg in my cabinet humidor humidifier. I just replace the wicks when the get gross.
If I was going the PG route, I'd clean the humidifier with soap and water, and use a scrub brush. A toothbrush to get in all the corners, too.
Then, depending on the size of your reservoir, I'd use about a 10% solution.
The stuff you buy off the shelf is usually cut 50% with water, a 50/50 solution. So you'd need to math it.
Food grade PG is what you want, someone asked about that in your last thread. I'd hook you up with some, I have a 5 gallon jug around here somewhere, but I can't find it. I went looking last time we discussed this.
Regardless, you can find the PG solution at just about any B&M or order it. I think there's a brand called Cigar Juice. Maybe search for that.
Good Luck!!!

Another point, and one to be cautious of...
PG solution is greasy. It's miscible with water, though. If you spill it in your humidor, it will stain the wood. Be super cautious and maybe put a pan or plastic under your humidifier.

I'm also not a fan of chemicals. PG is certainly a chemical, but it's also food. It's in tons of stuff we eat. Soda, salad dressing and beer are a few.